By Jim Hawkins,Ernie Harwell
Read Online or Download Al Kaline: The Biography of a Tigers Icon PDF
Similar baseball books
Revered by way of his baseball friends and loved via Chicago fanatics and teammates, Ernie Banks did every little thing there has been to do within the video game he enjoyed. every thing, that's, other than play in an international sequence. How and why that have eluded him in the course of one season of specific promise—1969—is a key storyline of this clean examine considered one of baseball's mythical gamers.
Among 1870 and 2010, one hundred sixty five Jewish american citizens performed significant League Baseball. This paintings offers oral histories that includes 23 of them. From Bob Berman, a catcher for the Washington Senators in 1918, to Adam Greenberg, an outfielder for the Chicago Cubs in 2005, the avid gamers speak about their careers and examine how their Jewish history affected them.
This booklet strains the total tale of black baseball, documenting the expansion of the Negro Leagues at a time while segregation dictated that the most important leagues have been strictly white, and explaining how the force to combine the game used to be a pivotal a part of the yank civil rights flow. • A ancient timeline of occasions• Biographical profiles of vital figures in Negro Leagues baseball
This finished visitor’s advisor to the groups of baseball’s South Atlantic League lays out the tools had to plan effective, least expensive and lucrative street journeys to determine domestic video games at ballparks through the league. It presents conscientiously deliberate commute routes, together with lists of attention-grabbing eateries and sights (both baseball-related and another way) in or close to each one team’s urban.
- Hometown Hardball: A Minor League Baseball Road Trip from the Rocky Shores of Maine to the Bright Lights of New York City
- The 1986 New York Mets: There Was More Than Game Six (SABR Digital Library Book 35)
- Baseball/Literature/Culture: Essays, 2008–2009 (Baseball in Literature and American Culture Conference Series)
- A Scout’s Report: My 70 Years in Baseball
- The Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and American Culture, 2009–2010 (Cooperstown Symposium Series)
- Slugging It Out in Japan: An American Major Leaguer in the Tokyo Outfield
Extra resources for Al Kaline: The Biography of a Tigers Icon
Al Kaline: The Biography of a Tigers Icon by Jim Hawkins,Ernie Harwell